Medications a Back Physician in Orlando, Florida Might Recommend to Patients in Chronic Pain
If you visit a back physician in Orlando, Florida, because you are experiencing chronic pain, numbness or tingling in the extremities, a feeling of pins and needles in your lower body or any other similar symptoms, a number of different types of medications may be recommended to you depending on your specific condition. However, it is also important to remember that all medications come with different advantages and limitations. Work closely with your back physician to determine the right course of treatment. It?s the most responsible and effective thing that you can do.
Examples of the types of medications available
There are all sorts of different medications — both over-the-counter and prescription — that could be recommended by a back physician to help manage chronic symptoms. They include:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs — These usually help with muscle soreness and inflammation.
- Oral steroids — Can be used to address arthritic pain, inflammation and other issues
- Acetaminophen — Recommended for mild pain, as well as common ailments such as headaches or a low-grade fever.
- Anti-depressants — Can help relieve chronic pain and also manage the depression that sometimes accompanies persistent discomfort.
- Analgesics — Pain killers that are designed to help deliver relief from lasting, potentially severe pain.
Other treatment options
As a back physician will explain, the use of medication is usually only one component of any treatment regimen. More often, a number of non-surgical techniques will be recommended at once to help patients manage their discomfort, improve their strength and spine flexibility and retain their quality of life.
To learn more about non-invasive treatment for chronic symptoms, speak with a back physician. If you live it the Orlando, Florida area, Laser Spine Institute?s flagship surgery center is located in Central Florida and we can tell you about how one of our minimally invasive procedures may also help you find relief from your discomfort.