Orthopedic hospitals vs. outpatient clinics
- Orthropedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Doctors
- Orthopedic Surgery Center
Traditionally, spine surgery has been performed in a hospital and requires several days of hospitalization after the procedure. This is done to ensure a patient’s safety and health after the highly invasive open neck or open back surgery takes place.
However, in recent years, another option has actually become the standard for spine surgery: outpatient clinics. In fact, many patients are now choosing spine surgery that performed in an outpatient center (also known as an ambulatory or same day surgery center) because of the many advantages over spine surgery performed in a hospital.
Advantages of outpatient clinics
Outpatient clinics have gained popularity with the rise of minimally invasive spine surgery. Because minimally invasive spine surgery offers a safer and effective alternative to traditional open neck or back surgery, patients have more flexibility about where the surgery is performed. Instead of having to stay in a hospital for several days after the procedure, patients undergoing minimally invasive spine surgery can return home or to their hotels just hours after the procedure is finished.
This type of flexibility offers several advantages to patients:
- The procedures conducted at outpatient clinics are usually relatively minor. These operations don’t require the recovery and staffing of a hospital.
- Because outpatient procedures are quicker, the clinics normally run on time.
- Orthopedic physicians offer more personalized care in outpatient clinics because they are treating fewer patients for a shorter amount of time.
- Orthopedic clinics are increasingly being designed to be more comfortable than a traditional hospital setting.
- With advancements in medical technology, many of the same procedures that traditionally required treatment in orthopedic hospitals can now be managed in an outpatient facility.
The difference between orthopedic hospitals and outpatient clinics is clear. There is still a need for certain major operations to be conducted in an orthopedic hospital setting, but as more and more procedures are advancing, the need for hospitalization is diminishing. One great example of this is the minimally invasive spine procedures offered by Laser Spine Institute.
Outpatient spine procedures
At Laser Spine Institute, we offer minimally invasive spine surgery to help treat the most common spine conditions that are causing chronic neck or back pain. Because of our minimally invasive approach to spine surgery, our patients can undergo their procedure in the comfort of one of our seven world-class facilities across the country.
Our patient-centered care and unparalleled spine expertise has earned Laser Spine Institute’s reputation as the leader in minimally invasive spine surgery. Every year, more patients come to Laser Spine Institute for minimally invasive spine surgery than to any other surgery center in the world. Our minimally invasive procedures have earned a patient satisfaction score of 96 and patient recommendation score of 97 out of 100.^
For more information about the advantages of our minimally invasive outpatient spine surgery, contact Laser Spine Institute today.