How to find the top orthopedic surgeons
- Orthropedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Doctors
- Orthopedic Surgery Center
If chronic neck or back pain has taken over your life, taking you away from family, hobbies or just being able to relax after work, the decision to undergo surgery can be a source of hope when other options have not brought results. To ensure an outcome that offers pain relief and a return to an active life, many patients seek out top orthopedic surgeons who specialize in the spine.
There are many things to consider in your search for top orthopedic surgeons, including qualifications and credentials, reputation and the procedures and conditions they specialize in. However, even if a surgeon is recognized as being at the top of his or her field, it is also important to make sure he or she is a fit for you personally. This is why you also may want to consider factors such as how patient care is approached and how that influences the staff, facility and procedures associated with the surgeon.
What to look for
The top orthopedic surgeons are generally seen as those who have received a high-quality medical education from an accredited school, completed residency in recognized top facilities and have membership and board certification with prestigious professional associations. There are also fellowships for the top orthopedic surgeons to learn the procedures and techniques that are state-of-the-art for their specialty.
In addition to these basic qualifications, the best surgeon for you should also have a good reputation among colleagues, medical staff and patients. Here are some practical tips for finding a top orthopedic surgeon:
- Ask for a recommendation from your primary care physician
- Ask friends and family for recommendations
- Research surgeons online at the websites for the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Ask potential surgeons about their experience with your particular condition and about typical outcomes for any recommended procedure
- Talk to multiple surgeons to get a good comparison and second opinions
- Consider the facility and staff to make sure it is an inviting, friendly atmosphere
Laser Spine Institute
Laser Spine Institute is staffed with some of the top orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons in the field of spine surgery. We perform minimally invasive spine surgery that is an alternative to traditional open neck and back procedures and the overnight hospitalization and lengthy recovery time^ that come with them.
Contact Laser Spine Institute for a no-cost review of your MRI or CT scan* to see if you may be a candidate for minimally invasive spine surgery.