Selecting the right orthopedic expert for you
- Orthropedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Doctors
- Orthopedic Surgery Center
Chronic neck or back pain can put you on the sidelines of your own life. The discomfort and limited mobility can put a strain on your relationships and make even simple tasks, like cooking a meal, difficult. If you find yourself considering spine surgery because conservative treatment options have been exhausted, an orthopedic expert may be one of the types of surgeons you turn to.
Along with neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons are experts in the procedures that can treat many of the most common spine conditions. Deciding on the right surgeon can be a challenging prospect with many considerations. The following is a practical guide to help you find the surgeon who may offer the best chance of getting you back to the life you’ve been missing.
Tips for choosing the right orthopedic expert
Here are some things to check out when selecting an orthopedic expert:
- Look at your surgeon’s credentials. Did he or she graduate from an accredited medical school and serve the residencies and fellowships to get the right experience?
- Is your prospective surgeon an expert in the condition you’ve been diagnosed with?
- If you’re being recommended for a particular procedure, does your surgeon have experience with it?
- Do you trust this person to completely and correctly treat your condition? You can’t be comfortable and confident in your surgery if you don’t feel the same way about your surgeon.
- Is your surgeon comfortable answering your questions? This is a great way to gauge your surgeon’s expertise and develop confidence in both the procedure and the surgeon.
- Does your surgeon seem to be up to date with his or her equipment and knowledge of the latest procedures?
- Do some background research on both the surgeon and the practice where he or she works.
Laser Spine Institute
At Laser Spine Institute our respected team of orthopedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons are highly skilled in minimally invasive outpatient spine surgery. The procedures we perform are an alternative to traditional procedures, helping patients avoid the overnight hospitalization, surgical scarring and long recoveries^ that go with them.
Contact Laser Spine Institute today for a no-cost MRI review* to see if you may be a candidate for minimally invasive spine surgery.