Finding the right orthopedic surgeon
- Orthropedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Doctors
- Orthopedic Surgery Center
If your life has been seriously affected by neck or back pain and symptoms like numbness, tingling, weakness and pain, both locally and in the extremities, getting treatment that enables your return to a normal life is critical. For some, the first option they think of may be an open spine procedure like those performed by an orthopedic surgeon.
However, surgery is usually not considered until conservative options like physical therapy or epidural steroid injections have been exhausted. Of course, if you are searching for an orthopedic surgeon or neurosurgeon because surgery has been recommended, you want to find one who can help. The following information can help you search for a treatment that can get you back to the people and activities you love.
Tips for finding the right orthopedic surgeon
Below are a few ways to ensure that you find a reputable orthopedic surgeon:
- Research your prospective surgeon’s credentials. Look for a board-certified surgeon with a degree from an accredited medical school. Ensure he or she is licensed to practice in your state.
- Make sure that your surgeon has extensive experience treating your specific condition. For instance, if you have a herniated disc due to degenerative disc disease, be cautious about an orthopedic clinic that primarily treats sports-related spine injuries.
- Remember that the best orthopedic surgeon should be up to date on the latest research and techniques involving your condition.
- Do your own research. This means not only researching your condition so you are prepared to ask the surgeon questions, but also researching your prospective surgeon. Ask family members and friends. Read online reviews about the surgeon and the facility. Ask the surgeon for patient referrals and references.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with the surgeon. The best orthopedic surgeon will always address all of your questions and will never try to pressure you into surgery.
The surgeons at Laser Spine Institute
At Laser Spine Institute, we prioritize patient care and patient education, while our surgeons — both board-certified neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — are some of the most experienced and extensively trained professionals in their respective fields. We are the leaders in minimally invasive spine surgery — an alternative to highly invasive traditional open spine procedures.
Our highly skilled surgeons use a smaller incision to access the spine and decompress nerves, resulting in a dramatically shorter recovery time^ than traditional open spine surgery.
To find out if you’re a candidate for our minimally invasive outpatient procedures, contact us today for your no-cost MRI review.*