More information about foraminal narrowing
Foraminal narrowing is a spinal condition that describes the narrowing of the foraminal canals — the thin passageways on either side of a vertebra that allow nerve roots to exit into the spinal canal.
Many times, foraminal narrowing can develop as the result of another spine condition, such as a herniated disc or bone spur. When a spine condition, like a bulging disc, develops near a vertebra, it can press into the foraminal canal, limiting the free space where the nerve roots travel into the spinal canal. As the foraminal narrowing continues, the risk of a nerve becoming pinched or compressed within the canal increases.
Nerve compression caused by foraminal narrowing can lead to a series of painful symptoms that can alter your everyday activities. If you’re currently experiencing these symptoms and you’ve already been diagnosed with foraminal narrowing, it is important you research your condition and the treatment options available to you. Take a moment to read through our most popular articles concerning foraminal narrowing below:
- Three Reasons to Treat Foraminal Narrowing
- What To Do If You Have Foraminal Narrowing
- What to Expect from Foraminal Narrowing Surgery
- Three Exercises for Foraminal Narrowing Treatment
- When To Consider Foraminal Narrowing Surgery
- Four Common Misconceptions Of Foraminal Narrowing
- Four Tips To Make Foraminal Narrowing Surgery More Effective
- Five Quick Tips For Foraminal Narrowing Treatment
- Living With Foraminal Narrowing
- Am I A Candidate For Foraminal Narrowing Surgery?
- What Are The Neural Foraminal Narrowing Treatment Options?
- Types of Foraminal Narrowing Treatment
- Three Tips to Help You Get Ready for Your Foraminal Narrowing Surgery
- Three Tips for Practicing Yoga While Dealing with Symptoms of Foraminal Narrowing, as Recommended By Laser Spine Institute
If you have any questions about your condition or the foraminal narrowing treatment options available to you, contact Laser Spine Institute. We can help you take the next step on your journey toward pain relief.