Foraminal narrowing articles library
Foraminal narrowing is a spinal condition that describes the narrowing of the foraminal canals — the thin passageways on either side of a vertebra that allow nerve roots to exit into the spinal canal.
Many times, foraminal narrowing can develop as the result of another spine condition such as a herniated disc or bone spur. When these conditions develop it can press into the foraminal canal, limiting the free space where the nerve roots travel out to the rest of the body. As the foraminal narrowing continues, the risk of a nerve becoming pinched or compressed within the canal increases.
Resources to help you learn about foraminal stenosis
Nerve compression caused by foraminal narrowing can lead to a series of painful symptoms that can alter your everyday activities. If you’re currently experiencing these symptoms and have already been diagnosed with foraminal narrowing, it is important you research your condition and the treatment options available to you.
Take a moment to read through our collection of articles concerning foraminal narrowing below:
- What Does Neural Foraminal Narrowing Mean?
- What Is Mild Left Foraminal Narrowing?
- What Causes Neural Foraminal Narrowing?
- Three Daily Stretches to Help with L4-L5 Foraminal Narrowing
- Six Nonsurgical Treatments for Lumbar Foraminal Narrowing
- Four Ways to Tell if You Are Experiencing Bilateral Foraminal Narrowing
- Three Ways Aging Causes Foraminal Narrowing
- Four Daily Stretches to Help with Pain from C5-C6 Foraminal Narrowing
- Four Ways to Get Better Sleep When Dealing with Cervical Foraminal Narrowing
- Seven Common Symptoms of Foraminal Narrowing in Your Neck
- What Does It Mean if You Have Severe Foraminal Narrowing?
- Who Is Most Likely to Suffer from Foraminal Narrowing?
- Three Reasons to Treat Foraminal Narrowing
- What to Do If You Have Foraminal Narrowing
- What to Expect from Foraminal Narrowing Surgery
- Three Exercises for Foraminal Narrowing Treatment
- When to Consider Foraminal Narrowing Surgery
- Four Common Misconceptions of Foraminal Narrowing
- Four Tips to Make Foraminal Narrowing Surgery More Effective
- Five Quick Tips for Foraminal Narrowing Treatment
- Living With Foraminal Narrowing
- Am I A Candidate For Foraminal Narrowing Surgery?
- What Are the Neural Foraminal Narrowing Treatment Options?
- Types of Foraminal Narrowing Treatment
- Three Tips to Help You Get Ready for Your Foraminal Narrowing Surgery
- Three Tips for Practicing Yoga While Dealing with Symptoms of Foraminal Narrowing, as Recommended By Laser Spine Institute
- 5 Ways to Find Relief from Foraminal Narrowing Pain
- What Causes Thoracic Foraminal Narrowing?
- What Does Foraminal Narrowing of the C5-C6 Mean?
- Four Tips for a Smooth Recovery Following Foraminal Narrowing Surgery
- Two Physical Therapy-Based Treatment Options for Foraminal Narrowing
- Five Yoga Poses to Help Relieve Foraminal Narrowing Pain
- What Does Severe Right Foraminal Narrowing Mean?
Contact Laser Spine Institute
If you have any questions about your condition or the foraminal narrowing treatment options available to you, contact Laser Spine Institute. We are the leaders in minimally invasive spine surgery and have been able to help more than 75,000 patients since 2005. We are happy to provide a no-cost review of your MRI or CT scan* to help you determine if you are a potential candidate for one of our procedures.