Bulging disc articles
A bulging disc is a sometimes painful condition that can occur with the natural aging process of the spine. Over the years, the spine endures weight gain and continual motion. Both of these factors cause the vertebrae of the spine to slowly compress under pressure, which causes the joints and discs between the vertebrae to also compress.
As this process continues, a disc in the lumbar spine (lower back) or cervical spine (neck) — usually because those two areas suffer the most spinal compression — may be so tightly squeezed by the surrounding vertebrae that it is forced to flatten and expand into the spinal canal. In some cases, this bulging disc may not impact any of the nerve roots traveling in the spinal canal, meaning that no symptoms would be caused by this bulging disc. However, sometimes a disc can bulge into the spinal canal and compress a nerve root, resulting in symptoms of localized pain, radiating pain in the local extremity, and sometimes even weakness or tingling in the local extremity.
To learn more about a bulging disc, the symptoms and treatments available, take a look at some of our popular bulging disc articles below:
- Can Obesity Cause a Bulging Disc?
- When You Should Seek Surgery for a Lumbar Bulging Disc
- Minimally Invasive Bulging Disc Treatments
- Why Are Bulging Discs Most Common in the Lower Back?
- Bulging Disc Overview
- Lumbar Bulging Disc
- Cervical Bulging Disc
- About Your Diagnosis
- Symptoms of Bulging Discs
- Causes of Bulging Discs
- Diagnosing a Bulging Disc
- FAQ’s of Bulging Discs
- Bulging Disc Symptoms
- Bulging Disc Treatments
- Bulging Disc Surgery
- Traditional Disc Surgery
- Chiropractic Treatment
- Can Weight Loss Help Prevent a Bulging Disc?
- Seven Common Symptoms of a Bulging Disc
- Six Tips for Golfing After Bulging Disc Surgery
- Four Exercises Used for Bulging Disc Treatment
- Five Common Causes Of A Bulging Disc
- Seven Tips For Traveling After Bulging Disc Surgery
- A Complete Guide To Bulging Disc Treatment
- What Should You Expect From A Bulging Disc Surgery?
- Three Treatment Alternatives For A Bulging Disc
- Where is the Intervertebral Joint Located?
- Where is Intervertebral Located?
- Where is the Intervertebral Foramina?
- Where is an Intervertebral Disc Located?
- How To Fix A Bulging Disc
- Are You A Candidate For Bulging Disc Surgery?
- What Are Treatments For A Bulging Disc In Neck?
- What is a bulging disc and why is the condition so common among athletes?
- What other treatment options should you consider before bulging disc surgery?
- Exercising with a Bulging Disc: Three Stretches to Increase Your Flexibility and Range of Motion
- Three Challenges You Might Face Without Bulging Disc Surgery
- Four Common Ways to Treat a Bulging Disc
- What is a Bulging Disc?
- Why Do I Need Bulging Disc Treatment?
- Bulging Disc Symptoms vs. Herniated Disc Symptoms
- Why You Need Bulging Disc Treatment
- Am I a Candidate for Bulging Disc Surgery?
- Here are Three Myths about Bulging Discs
- 10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before Seeking Surgery for a Bulging Disc
If you have any questions as you research this condition, please contact our Care Team at Laser Spine Institute for more information. We are here to help you along your journey to find pain relief and wellness.