Learn more about minimally invasive keyhole spine surgery
- What Are the Symptoms of Back Pain?
- Back Pain Symptoms
- Chronic Back Pain
- Chronic Back Pain Symptoms
- Severe Chronic Back Pain
- Chronic Upper Back Pain
- Upper Back Pain Symptoms
- Upper Back Pain Types
- Chronic Middle Back Pain
- Chronic Low Back Pain
- Lower Back Pain Symptoms
- Acute Back Pain
- Acute & Chronic Back Pain
- What Should I Do If I Think I Have Back Pain?
- Back Pain Treatment
- Keyhole Spine Surgery Options at Laser Spine Institute
- Is Spinal Fusion Surgery Your Only Option?
- Chronic Back Pain Treatment
- Chronic Back Pain Management
- Back Pain Acupuncture
- Injections for Back Pain
- Back Pain Physical Therapy
- Back Pain Exercises
- Back Pain Surgery
- Upper Back Pain Treatment
- Upper Back Pain Exercises
- Lower Back Pain Treatment
- Lower Back Pain Causes and Treatments
- Acupuncture Low Back Pain
- Low Back Pain Chiropractic
- Low Back Pain Physical Therapy
- Lower Back Pain Exercises
- Low Back Pain Stretches
- Yoga Low Back Pain
- Alternative Treatments
- Risk Factors
“Keyhole surgery” is a term for procedures that are minimally invasive, requiring only a small incision to access the surgical area. Advances in medical technology and surgical technique have allowed for the development of these types of procedures for the spine, including the minimally invasive spine surgery performed at Laser Spine Institute.
Many patients diagnosed with spine conditions like a herniated disc or bone spurs are able to find the relief they need for a good quality of life through treatment options like medication and physical therapy. If surgery is presented as an option after weeks and months of conservative therapies have not relieved symptoms, it is important to explore the full range of options being presented to you. This information about keyhole spine surgery options is intended to help you make a well-informed decision about your treatment.
Why choose keyhole spine surgery?
A traditional open spine surgery typically involves a large incision, overnight hospitalization, risk of complications like infection and a long recovery period. As an alternative, minimally invasive spine surgery involves a smaller incision and the use of direct visualization equipment to allow the surgeon to see the area without the need for muscle disruption.
At Laser Spine Institute our minimally invasive spine surgery offers our patients the following advantages:
- Performed by board-certified surgeons+ who are spine specialists
- A less than 1-inch incision
- An outpatient procedure
- No lengthy recovery^
- Lower complication rate compared to traditional procedures
Get more information about keyhole surgery
When you’re interested in learning more about keyhole spine surgery, the first place to turn for information is Laser Spine Institute, the leader in minimally invasive spine surgery. Since 2005, our surgeons have performed procedures that have helped more than 75,000 patients find relief from conditions like spinal stenosis, herniated discs, osteoarthritis and other degenerative spine conditions.
If you’d like to learn more about the minimally invasive spine surgery procedures that we perform, contact Laser Spine Institute today. We will provide you with a no-cost MRI review* to determine if you’re a potential candidate for one of our procedures.