More information about annular tears
Annular tears occur when the annulus fibrosus — the multi-layered outer wall of an intervertebral disc — develops a fissure that may or may not be large enough to release inner disc fluid into the spinal canal. If this central disc colloid — nucleus pulposus — does extrude, it can compress nearby spinal nerves and cause symptoms of pain, tingling, numbness and weakness. The symptoms can stay localized, but it is more likely that they will occur throughout the extremities that are innervated by the compressed nerve.
At Laser Spine Institute, we believe that the first step toward meaningful pain relief is educating our patients about their spine conditions. That’s why we have compiled a list of articles that provide in-depth explanations about the causes, symptoms and treatments of annular tears and disc herniation. You can also learn more about our minimally invasive procedures that have offered tens of thousands of patients a welcomed alternative to the risks of open spine surgery.
Please feel free to browse all of our informational articles about annular tears, including:
- What Type of Doctor Treats an Annular Tear?
- Foods that Can Help Your Annular Tear Treatment Plan
- Annular Tear Surgery at the L5 Region of the Spine
- Natural Treatment Options for an Annular Tear
- Six Signs It’s Time to Consider Annular Tear Treatment
- Five Common Causes of an Annular Tear
- Ten Annular Tear Surgery Alternatives
- Obtaining an Annular Tear Prognosis
- Annular Tear Healing Time
- The Process of Disc Resorption
- Areas of the Body Affected by an Annulus Fibrosus Tear
- How to Minimize Your Chance of Developing an Annular Fissure
- How to Treat an Annular Tear in an Intervertebral Disc
- How to Treat Symptoms Associated with Annular Tears
- Symptoms Associated With an Annular Tear in the Lumbar Spine
- Diagnosing an Intervertebral Disc Tear
- A Complete Guide to Annular Tear Treatment
- Three Signs Of An Annular Tear You Must Not Ignore
- Three Signs You Need Annular Tear Surgery
- Three Exercises For Annular Tear Treatment
- How Long Does It Take To Recover From An Annular Tear?
- Who Is A Candidate For Annular Tear Surgery?
- Should I Use Physical Therapy For Annular Tear Treatment?
- Six Exercises To Avoid With An Annular Tear
- Learn About Annular Tear Treatment at Laser Spine Institute
- Is Sciatica a Symptom of an Annular Tear?
- Deciding to Have Annular Tear Surgery: Scenarios You Might Face if You Choose Not to Have an Operation
- Three Tips for Making Annular Tear Treatment as Effective as Possible
- Am I a Candidate for Annular Tear Surgery?
- Is Physical Therapy an Option for Annular Tear Treatment?
- Five Ways to Ensure a Smooth Recovery from Surgery for an Annular Tear
- Five Ways to Treat an Annular Tear at Home
- Will My Annular Tear Heal on its Own Without Treatment?
- Can Annular Tears Heal on Their Own?
- How to Treat an Annular Disc Tear
- Is an Annular Tear Serious?
- Three Signs You May Need Surgery for an L4-L5 Annular Tear
If you have an annular tear and would like more information about the condition and your options for minimally invasive treatments, contact Laser Spine Institute today.