- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians
Committees / Organizations
- North American Spine Society Evidence Based Guideline Development Committee
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- American College of Surgeons
R.J. Meagher, M.D., FACS
What do a college course in psychology, the eclectic professor teaching it and one particular lecture all have in common with a career in neurosurgery? According to Dr. R.J. Meagher, more than you might think. That’s because it was these things that helped identify and eventually shape his desire to become a surgeon in the first place. The topic that day in class? The brain and memory. And even though he didn’t realize it back then, that lesson would end up becoming a pivotal moment he would appreciate for years to come.
This yearning for learning is a driving force in Dr. Meagher’s life today, with publications and presentations providing the perfect platforms for his medical teachings. Some of his most notable topics involve minimally invasive spine surgery, guideline development for spine care and the treatment of osteoporotic compression fractures. His commitment to education and quality, coupled with his authentic approach to patient care, make Dr. Meagher an ideal fit for Laser Spine Institute’s surgical team.