- Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery by The American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
Committees / Organizations
- The American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- North American Spine Society
- Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Nova Southeastern University
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton Campus
Michael C. Weiss, D.O., FAOAO
Chairman, Department of Surgery, Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
After years of multi-specialty training, Michael C. Weiss, D.O., FAOAO developed a private practice in South Florida, where, for nearly two decades, he was able to utilize his expertise in the field of orthopedics and his commitment to patient care.
He then chose to join the team of surgical experts at Laser Spine Institute so that he could use his extensive knowledge of minimally invasive spine procedures to help patients from around the world. Chairman Weiss served as Chief Spine Surgeon at Laser Spine Institute in Scottsdale, Arizona from 2008 to 2010 before being named Chairman, Department of Surgery in 2011. As Chairman, he oversees the proprietary fellowship training program and is charged with the surgical oversight in the expansion of Laser Spine Institute’s state-of-the-art surgery centers.
Chairman Weiss has completed the Laser Spine Institute Spine fellowship in minimally invasive spine surgery. He has expertise in minimally invasive decompression, minimally invasive stabilization and fusion, endoscopic surgical techniques, laser surgery, regenerative medicine and stem cell treatments of the spine. Chairman Weiss continues to provide patients with relief from neck and back pain caused by spinal arthritis, pinched nerves, bulging discs, herniated discs, sciatic nerve compression, and many other conditions. Chairman Weiss performs surgery and trains new surgeons in Laser Spine Institute facilities nationwide.