MRI review — three ways to get an MRI review with Laser Spine Institute
At Laser Spine Institute, we perform each of our minimally invasive spine procedures with precision and expertise. For this reason, we require each of our patients to complete an MRI review before scheduling your surgery. The MRI review will allow our team to analyze your spinal condition and pinpoint the source of your neck or back pain. Once we have identified the area impacted by your spinal condition, we can determine the best spine procedure to help alleviate your pain. Our goal is always to provide you with the best care options to fit your needs.
Three ways to complete your MRI review
At Laser Spine Institute, we try to make our processes convenient for our patients. That is why we offer three different options to complete your MRI review. You can decide which route is best for your needs and lifestyle.
- In-person consultation — We offer MRI reviews at each of our Laser Spine Institute facilities across the country. If you live near one of our surgery centers, or if you are going to be visiting the area, we encourage you to schedule an in-person MRI review. This will allow you to look at your MRI with our consultant and ask any questions you have regarding the diagnosis of your spinal condition.
- Phone review — If you are unable to visit one of our Laser Spine Institute facilities, we can provide an MRI review over the phone. For this option, we would need you to send us either a physical or digital copy of your MRI prior to your phone appointment. After your review, we will send your MRI back to the address you provide, unless additional appointments are scheduled.
- Seminar review — When you attend one of our monthly seminars, located at each of our Laser Spine Institute facilities and nearby cities, you will have the opportunity to have one of our surgeons or consultants review your MRI immediately following the seminar. Please be sure to bring a copy of your MRI to the seminar. For further information, you can schedule a consultation at a later date.
What to expect during your MRI review
The first step of our MRI review process is to schedule your review date with one of our Spine Care Consultants. On the day of your MRI review, it is necessary for you to bring the following documents:
- MRI copy — In order to complete your MRI review, it is necessary that you bring a copy of your most recent MRI with you to our facility. If you do not have an MRI, or if your current MRI is outdated, please let your Spine Care Consultant know prior to your visit. We offer MRI services at our facility, or we can recommend you to another medical facility to have your MRI completed.
- Insurance information — We ask that you please bring your insurance information with you to your MRI review. In the event that a surgical procedure is recommended to treat your spinal condition, we can provide you with an accurate quote for the procedure based on the insurance information you provide.
- Medical records — While it is not required for you to bring your medical records, we do encourage you to bring them if you think there is pertinent information in your medical history that will help us diagnose your current spinal condition.
During your MRI review, you will have the ability to ask the consultant any questions you have about your pain and treatment options. We encourage you to use this time as an opportunity to continue your research for the treatment options available to you.
If you send us a copy of your MRI for your MRI review, we will make every effort to mail the MRI back to you after your consultation. If you are scheduled for a surgery after your review, we will send a copy of your MRI to the surgery center. In the event that we cannot return your MRI to you due to incorrect address or contact information, we will keep your film temporarily and then destroy it. If you sent us a copy of your MRI and it has not been returned to you, please contact us so we can update your information and resend your film to you.