Why Laser Back Treatment Versus Open Spine Surgery?
- How to Treat a Herniated Disc
- How to Treat a Bulging Disc
- How to Treat Arthritis
- How to Treat a Pinched Nerve
- How to Treat Degenerative Disc Disease
- How to Treat Spinal Stenosis
- How to Treat Sciatica
- How to Treat Back Pain
- Advanced Technologies
Throughout history, new technologies have always run afoul of skeptics. Some people are afraid of progress; some do not welcome the challenges it presents to the things with which they are comfortable. The same is true of laser-assisted back pain treatment.
Laser Spine Institute is at the forefront of spine medicine, having become a leader in minimally invasive spine procedures. Our ability to treat numerous common spinal conditions – such as herniated discs, foraminal stenosis, facet disease and more – without the increased risk, scarring, recovery time and chance of failure accompanying traditional open spine surgery has made us the leaders in spine pain treatment.
The facts about open spine surgery
The facts are simple:
- Traditional open spine surgery is risky, as is the case with any surgery.
- Traditional open spine surgery creates larger scars. In a minimally invasive spine procedure, the surgeon will make a small incision; traditional surgery requires an incision of several inches, which means a larger scar.
- Traditional open spine surgery requires a longer recovery time. Because it is more invasive and involves cutting and suturing of muscle, traditional open spine surgery will result in a hospital stay and a longer period of recuperation. A minimally invasive procedure will allow the patient to heal much more quickly and will not require hospitalization.
- Traditional open spine surgery does not always work. Approximately 40 percent of traditional open spine surgery patients will experience little or no long-term relief from their symptoms. Additionally, there is an increased chance that more surgery will be needed. However, more than 80 percent of Laser Spine Institute’s patients report pain relief within three months of their procedures.
Tens of thousands of procedures performed
The bottom line is that the results speak for themselves. At Laser Spine Institute, we have performed tens of thousands of minimally invasive procedures and helped numerous patients find meaningful relief from their neck and back pain.
If your physician has recommended spine surgery, consider Laser Spine Institute. For more information about Laser Spine Institute’s innovative spine procedures, or to receive a review of your MRI or CT scan results, contact Laser Spine Institute today.