Endoscopic spine surgery at Laser Spine Institute is designed to relieve the pain caused by neck and back conditions in the most efficient and minimally invasive manner. We at Laser Spine Institute seek to give you the freedom and power to regain an active, carefree lifestyle as soon as possible.
LSI’s endoscopic procedures include:
- Foraminotomy, which treats foraminal narrowing caused by bulging discs, herniated discs, scar tissue formation, bone spurs, thickening ligaments, and other conditions.
- Laminotomy, which is performed to alleviate pain associated with bone spurs, pinched nerves, spinal stenosis, herniated discs, bulging discs, spinal arthritis, and thickening ligaments.
- Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy, which is the surgical removal of a herniated disc or bulging disc material pressing on a nerve root or the spinal cord.
- Facet thermal ablation, which treats degeneration of the facet joint, or arthritis.
- Spinal fusion alternatives
- In some cases, combinations of the above procedures which are performed at the same time to treat several conditions and relieve multiple symptoms.
These state-of-the-art minimally invasive procedures are also utilized to treat symptoms generated by spondylolisthesis, sciatica, and Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, a general term encompassing any number of painful, chronic and medically complex conditions resulting from traditional neck and back surgeries.
The surgeons at Laser Spine Institute perform minimally invasive endoscopic procedures by making a small incision, typically about 1 inch. The surgeon then inserts a metallic pin or guide wire under X-ray guidance. A series of tubes are then introduced over the guide wire. These tubes dilate and retract tissue which would be cut in traditional open spinal surgery. Specialized instruments, an endoscope, suction, and irrigation, are used by physicians to perform a variety of procedures, such as removing bone fragments, disc material, or scar tissue that are pressing on the neural tissue.
Advantages of LSI’s endoscopic procedures include:
- Local anesthesia and IV sedation are used instead of general anesthesia.
- They are outpatient procedures, which means no hospitalization is required.
- There is minimal scar tissue formation.
- Post-surgery physical therapy is included.
If you are suffering from any neck or back condition, Laser Spine Institute’s endoscopic procedures, performed by our medical team, might be the answer you’re looking for. Contact Laser Spine Institute today. We will be happy to provide you with a complimentary review of your MRI or CT scan.